Jessica has been making more fish dishes lately. She saw a recipe for a salmon dish with rice and thought she would make her own version with pasta.
His recipe for Spicy Coconut Lime Salmon on Vermicelli Noodles is full of flavor and quick to prepare.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 109.
Spicy Coconut Lime Salmon on Noodles
- Salmon fillets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped lemongrass
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- Coconut oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Red pepper, chopped for garnish
- Lime wedges
- In a cast iron skillet with coconut oil, sear the salmon, but do not cook it all the way through. Set the salmon aside
- Add the red onion, garlic, lemongrass and ginger to the cast iron skillet and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and coconut aminos, and let simmer.
- Put the fish back in and cook until the end.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the package and add the salmon noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro, limes and chopped red pepper.
- Serve in the cast iron skillet.
Suggest a correction