Chicken picatta lovers, rejoice! Giada de Laurentiis just posted her latest weeknight dinner recipe, and it looks divine! Coated in lemon-caper sauce, this simple salmon dinner is healthy, fresh, and super easy to make any day of the week. Giada’s recipes never disappoint, and this one is no exception. The 51-year-old chef, writer and TV personality creates mouth-watering dishes that always delight.
Salmon is a fantastic source of protein for dinner dishes. This popular oily fish packs a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids in every serving. Omega 3 reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and help support weight management. Salmon helps regulate weight by boosting your metabolism, decreasing belly fat, reducing appetite and increasing insulin sensitivity. Salmon is also rich in B vitamins, which promote DNA repair and optimize brain and nervous system function.
Related: 16 Famous Celebrities Share How They Make Oatmeal
capers should not be underestimated either. The tiny pieces pack a punch of flavor without adding significant amounts of fat, sugar, or calories. Even in small amounts, combined with salmon, capers may limit by-products linked to cancer risk, diseaseand cell damage.
And let’s not forget lemons, which contain high levels of vitamin C which are responsible for supporting heart health, digestive regulation and weight management. This yellow fruit can also prevent kidney stones and anemia. Lemons contain soluble fiber and plant compounds that offer many health benefits worth exploring.
Incorporating salmon, capers and lemon into your diet is a healthy and delicious choice that you can do with pleasure. Make Giada’s Salmon Picatta Dinner recipe in under 30 minutes, here’s how.
Salmon from Giada de Laurentiis with lemony caper sauce
For 4 people
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Four skinless wild salmon fillets, 5 to 6 ounces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or clam juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
How to do it
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry and evenly season salmon fillets with 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Add the oil to the skillet and heat for another 30 seconds. Add the fillets to the pan, flesh side down, and cook, without turning them, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. The salmon should look cooked on the sides of the fillets.
- Carefully flip the fish and cook an additional minute until cooked through. Using a spatula, place the fish on a plate to let it rest.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the shallot and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, adding additional oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, capers and chicken broth. Simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Whisk mustard and butter until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the parsley and pour the lemon caper sauce over the cooked salmon. Enjoy!
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 365 Calories, 24 g Lipids, 2g Carbohydrates, 34 g Proteins, 1174 mg Sodium, 1g Fibers, 1g Sugar, 109 mg Cholesterol
For more, check out the 9 healthy eating habits that Giada de Laurentiis swears by.