Canella Salmon Recipe Chef’s Note: I like to create recipes with what I like. Tastes that are tasty for me, my family and my friends. Pasta is my passion among other foods. I love to cook with O’Sole Mio pasta and have a nice glass of wine with my meals. This Salmon Cannella is no different. I discovered this perfumed wine in Quebec which goes very well with my Canella, L’ENVOL Rose from Domaine Saint Basil. Too bad the wine is not yet available outside Quebec. Hope you try this recipe…. divertiti a mangiare!
Canella salmon recipe number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Canella Salmon Ingredients:
- 4 sheets of fresh lasagna
- 200g of Fresh Salomon’s Fillet (on the skin of the stomach)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (XVOO)
- ½ Spanish onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup chives (very thinly sliced)
- ½ cup of fresh green onions
- 250ml 14% sour cream
- 40g zigzag smoked salmon
- Salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
- 12 teaspoons of salmon roe for garnish (1 per canella)
- Chopped fresh herbs and a bouquet of herbs or micro-vegetables as a garnish
• Put a pot of salted water to boil and cook the lasagna sheets, remove and set aside, the gluten and starches will cool and help roll the canella and shape the stuffing.
• Remove the breast from the salmon fillet and remove the skin from the breast (set aside for the skin garnish). Roughly chop the salmon breast and season with salt and pepper.
• In a skillet, add the XVOO, onion and garlic over medium heat and brown with very little coloring, then add the salmon and cook completely. Reserve in a bowl and let cool in the refrigerator.
Optional garnish; Cut the skin of the salmon into ½ inch by 4 inch strips and season with S&P, wrap the handle of a wooden spoon and bake at 350˚F / 176˚C degrees until it is crispy and removable. Put aside.
• Remove the mixing bowl with the ingredients from the salmon and add the softened cream cheese, chives, green onions and taste for seasoning, always taste before the next step. mix until smooth but thick. We need the mixture to have texture.
• The lasagna sheets should now be perfect for rolling up. Cut the strips in half 1/2 inch by 4 inches wide, add some of the mixture (2 tablespoons each) over the pasta and roll each 1/2 inch in diameter with cinnamon. Reserve everything in the refrigerator.
• In a salad bowl, add half of the wavy smoked salmon, sour cream, fresh herbs and season with salt and black pepper then add the blue berries so as not to crush them.
• On a plate of your choice, add the finished dressing with a little extra smoked salmon garnish (the color just pops). Place three canellas per dish, then add the salmon roe to each of the peaks (as in the photo of their dish). Add the precooked salmon skin springs and the micro or herbal bouquet.
NB I like to drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil and fresh cracked pepper to take this dish to the next level. Remember to always add a little touch to the dish by adding the ingredients you know you like, make it your own.
Gerardo D’Amore is the “Maverick food.” For Gerardo, food is a journey, constantly evolving in the palette of tastes and an exercise in simple and creative style. He masters the art of gastronomy. Gerado has international experience and is sought after for his skills and personality. He joined a roster of exclusive international culinary personalities by hosting a television series on international travel and cuisine. Follow Gerardo on facebook, Instagram.
Other articles from mtltimes.ca – totimes.ca – otttimes.ca