(A pinch of health)
When it comes to preparing dinner for a hungry family, nothing beats a serving of fluffy rice to accompany a roast chicken, a grilled steak or a piece of salmon. Rice can work as a side dish on its own, get a flavor boost from vegetables like sliced tomatoes, pickled red peppers or zucchini and also be the star of the plate, as a satisfying main dish like a jambalaya with spicy sausages or creamy risotto with grated cheese.
One of our favorite types of rice is jasmine rice, which you can use in many stir-fries. You can find varieties of whole-grain jasmine rice that range in color from brown to a darker shade of red to black. Jasmine rice is also a healthy choice for a meal, as it contains a good amount of fiber and nutrients that you can feel good about feeding your family.
Related: The best rice casseroles
What makes the perfect batch of rice when planning your menu? You want fluffy grains that can work in any recipe you use and certainly nothing too laborious for a weeknight meal. Are you intimidated by the idea of making rice? Do not be! It’s easy Jasmine Rice Instant Pot recipe turns out delicious every time.
How to Choose the Best Rice Packet
Jasmine rice can be found in the cereal aisle of your store, which may also be labeled as “specialty cereals”, “international”, and “bulk items”. You want to check the packing and shipping date of the rice by the dates on the labels. Jasmine rice can tend to lose its flavor over time, so a recent packaging date will give you the freshest product you can buy.
How long do you cook jasmine rice in the Instant Pot?
A serving of instant jasmine rice will take about 10 minutes of your time when you have dinner together. Preparing your rice will be one cup of water for the same amount of water and the time it takes for the water to be absorbed by the grains of rice that the Instant Pot will make happen in less than about 15 minutes .
Related: Easy rice dishes
How long will cooked Instant Pot Jasmine Rice last in the refrigerator?
Any leftover jasmine rice that has been cooked in the Instant Pot can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Leftovers should be in an airtight container when stored in the fridge, and they can be used in soups, salads and stir-fries for other meals.
How long will cooked Instant Pot Jasmine Rice last in the freezer?
As long as Instant Pot cooked rice has not been left on the dinner table or buffet for an extended period of time, it can be safely frozen for up to six months when stored in a freezer bag or airtight container.
Related: Best Brown Rice Recipes
- Be sure to rinse your rice first. Do not skip this step.
- I’ve used this method for up to 3 cups of jasmine rice (measured dry), and it turns out perfect every time!
- I will note that if you have an 8 quart model, I would go ahead and make at least two cups minimum. My model is a 6 quart, and mine will do 1 cup without issue (shown in the video above).
- This method is for white jasmine rice. Jasmine brown rice will take longer to cook.
Best Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Recipe
- Using a fine strainer, rinse the rice well and drain.
- Add the rinsed rice to the pot, along with an equal amount of water.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let the pot release naturally (Note: mine took about 9 minutes for 1 cup of rice, FYI. It may take a little longer for 2 or 3 cups.)
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
What to serve with jasmine rice:
More rice recipes to try:
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice:
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (I used 1-3 cups of rice)
- 2 cups the water
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice:
Using a fine strainer, rinse the rice well and drain.
Add the rinsed rice to the pot, along with an equal amount of water.
Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
Let the pot release naturally (Note: mine took about 9 minutes for 1 cup of rice, FYI. It may take a little longer for 2 or 3 cups.)
Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
For 8 people. Nutrition Facts Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Amount Per Serving Calories 168% Daily Value* Sodium 5mg 0% Potassium 53mg 2% Carbohydrates 36g 12% Protein 3g 6% Calcium 15mg 2% Iron 0.4mg 2%