Crumble the salmon, then mix it with the vegetables. Serve with a little crème fraîche on the side.
- Servings: 8
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Course: Main course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 1 small red cabbage, trimmed and grated very finely
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and finely grated (keep the leaves for decoration)
- 1 packet of radishes (125g), garnished and cut into wedges
- 200 ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 x 1.5 kg of salmon side, skinless, boneless and trimmed
- 200 ml of fresh cream
- A fillet of Pernod (optional)
1 Set the oven to 185 degrees.
2 Place the cabbage, fennel and radishes in a drip pan.
3 Add most of the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, coriander seeds, salt and pepper.
4 Mix everything together and place the salmon on top, pour in the rest of the olive oil, then season the fish (this can be done in advance)
5 Bake for 25 minutes.
6 Meanwhile, mix the crème fraîche with the Pernod (if you use it) then pour a drizzle over the salmon. Garnish with the reserved fennel leaves.
7 To serve, coarsely crumble the salmon, then mix it gently with the vegetables and serve with a little crème fraîche on the side.