(Family Features) Hot weather and grilling go hand in hand, and few dishes evoke summer quite like burgers. While traditional beef patties come to mind for many, there are also healthy protein options to satisfy that burger craving without sacrificing flavor.
For example, salmon is a nutritionally complete alternative that offers a variety of health benefits, and an option like Gluten-Free Trident Seafoods Alaskan Salmon Burgers are made with wild-caught, sustainably caught whole fillets in the world. ‘ocean without fillers and are lightly seasoned. with a smoky “right off the grill” flavor. Topped with melted cheddar then piled on fresh arugula, peppery bacon and zesty mayonnaise, these Alaskan Salmon Burgers with Peppery Bacon are a twist on the tradition that can help bring a meal rich in flavor to the table. protein and flavor in minutes.
Find more healthy seafood recipes at tridentseafoods.com.
Watch the video to see how to make this recipe!
Alaskan Salmon Burgers with Peppered Bacon
Preparation time: 13 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 can (11.2 ounces) Trident Seafoods Alaskan Salmon Burgers
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 seeded burger buns, split and toasted
- 4 cups arugula
- 6 slices of peppercorn bacon, cooked
- 12 bread and butter pickles, drained
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Cook salmon burgers according to package directions. When almost done, top each with a slice of cheese, cover and cook until melted.
- Spread the cut sides of the buns with mayonnaise and the tops of the buns with arugula. Cover with salmon patties, bacon, pickles and rolls.