These 10-Minute Blackened Air Fryer Salmon Bites are great over a salad, served with rice or your favorite grain, or in a bowl with veggies and gravy.
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon Bites
There’s no doubt that I love salmon and I love my air fryer. So making salmon in the air fryer is probably the protein I cook there the most! It’s fast, doesn’t do damage, and comes out perfectly. blackened salmon is also one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy these Crispy Blackened Salmon Bites as much as I do! After air fryer salmon recipes You can like, Air fryer salmon sandwich, Deep-Fried Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze and Air Fryer Chilli-Lime Salmonand for more blackened seafood recipes try this Blackened Shrimp and Grits and Blackened Fish Tacos.
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon: Fresh or frozen salmon will work in the air fryer. Just be sure to thaw it first if frozen.
- olive oil spray for spraying basket and salmon
- Blackened seasoning: Sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and oregano, salt, black pepper
How to cook salmon in the air fryer
- Prepare the salmon: Put the salmon cubes in a large bowl and spray with olive oil. Mix all the spices and rub the mixture over the salmon.
- Air Fry: The temperature and time may vary when cooking salmon in the air fryer when looking at other recipes, but I like to cook it at 400°F for 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness, to achieve the best results. Shake the basket halfway through cooking and fry until the salmon is fully cooked and golden brown.
- If the the salmon is frozen, best to let it thaw before air frying. You can do this in several ways: thaw it overnight in the fridge or place the fish, sealed in a bag, in a bowl filled with cold water and let it sit for 30 minutes. If it’s still frozen, drain the water and refill the bowl with fresh, cold water to make sure the fish doesn’t reach room temperature.
- Still half shake the basket thus the fish browns on all sides and cooks evenly.
- The leftover salmon bites can be refrigerated for three days. To reheat the salmon in the air fryerheat it for about three minutes at 350°F, shaking halfway through.
What to eat with salmon bites
More salmon air fryer recipes you’ll love:
Your comments are helpful! If you tried this healthy Blackened Salmon Bites recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to assess the Recipe and Leave me a comment below. And if you took a picture of it, share it with me on instagram so that I can share on my Stories!
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon Bites
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon Bites are great over a salad, served with rice or your favorite grain, or in a bowl with veggies and gravy.
- 4 6 ounces skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- lemon wedges, To serve
- chopped parsley, For garnish
- Brown rice, optional to serve
Place the salmon in a large bowl and spray the salmon with oil.
Combine all the spices, from paprika to black pepper in a small bowl and mix. Rub all the salmon.
Spray the basket with oil.
Place salmon in air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for about 5-7 minutes, shaking halfway through until salmon is cooked through in center and browned all over.
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Portion: 1Chopped off, calories: 251calories, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 34g, Big: 11g, Saturated fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 93.5mg, Sodium: 356.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0.5g
Key words: deep fried salmon, deep fried salmon bites, blackened salmon, quick dinner ideas, salmon recipes